Dance In The Park - Day 1 - Keeping It Real!!!

 

Registration Form!

Today was fun!

Dance in the park is not a new concept, certainly not for AIR-PAASA. However during this pandemic, staying home with no prospect of government support is not an option for the artists. Nor is it for these two amazing sisters I had the opportunity to work with today. They were eager to express themselves through movement and they did.

I almost turn around and go home because of all the cancellations I was getting today! The only parent who paid for the event, thou she told me yesterday, her children would  not be in attendance today, as I ventured through the gates of Devon House she was calling to find out where I was. Along my journey I was reminded, the higglar (Merchant)
venture out daily with hope and faith that he/she will make a sale!

My blessing though came in multiple forms today. I worked with these two sisters today who both performed very well and were not at all challenging. In fact I challenged their stamina, their resilience to pain, their focus and their commitment and they passed with flying colors. One important notification was I did not have to physically touch either of the girls as the older would assist the younger sister when she felt there was a need to. Also I was very impressed with how cognizant they were about social distancing, so reminding them to stay apart, despite them being sisters was not an issue.

Today I walked with one of my two drums, this proved to be the highlight of the day. Not only did the girls warm up their hands on the drum before class, but after we left Devon House the Drum took on a life of itself. You will be able to see this on my YouTube channel shortly.

Aunty Carol was at hand today to support the program, she will be in charge of our reading and homework assistance activities to our participants between 12:00 – 2:00.

To join Dance In The Park Saturday program, please register via this link. I hope to see more of you next week. By The way Sayjah could have done the stretch class and as you have seen the movements were not stressful.

 

You can sign up for the following:

* Dance & Modeling:

            Children

            Teens/Adults 

* Percussion:

            All Levels

* Homework, Reading & PEP Assistance

I look forward to seeing more of you next week and beyond!

Reflecting on my day, I realize as I mature I learn to enjoy each day as it comes; I learn to celebrate the moments as and when I can. I am grateful to Kacia and Kadia… you both made my day!

Also parents and caregivers, when you scoot off to purchase a cold coffee, consider Kofi!


Overall I had a fantastic day today!


and I am with your help "Keeping It Real!"

Comments