Dance In The Park Updates

Music by: Mikayla Simpson AKA Koffee!

 

Wisdom comes with age! (according to the saying!) My passion for dance started with “Little People Choir” in 1988! Three (3) decades later I am more in love with my passion because of its magnetism. My cognizance of this emotion is clearly due to decades of interactions with people from all walks of life throughout my global trek. None pleases me more than my often painful yet sometime rewarding interactions with some of my own Jamaican people.

It is clear that “Dance In The Park” is a wonderful initiative and I am more than overjoyed that Miss Gordon reached out to me to coach her children. On reflection, next week Saturday will be one (1) year since I’ve been unemployed. To be engaged in this type of activity again brings back a lot of joy and reassurance to me.

Having said that, I would like to sum up the last five (5) weeks in participants words; ”It is Good!”

Since the initiation of this project, 10 children have participated, five (5) of them are past students from Hopies Pre-School, Branches of The Vine, Phoenix Academy and an additional two (2) from Smart Kids Kindergarten, whom I had not interact with while at that school. In addition, we have also had at least eight (8) adults, parents and friends who have insisted on joining in the fun. Over the last five (5) weeks we have accumulated at least one new student per week! With this type of interest, we hope to be hosting two (2) sessions per hour by the end of March.

Our gratitude to Mrs. Whyte for the opportunity to continue using this heritage site as a venue to reestablish “community dance theatre;” as we work toward a post pandemic experience of socializing and rebuilding employment opportunities for “Community Dance Artists”.

 I just want to express my appreciation for the following princesses, Babolal sisters, you are the pivot of this initiative and you continue to be the delight of our Saturdays. Welcome Allaiyah and Mrs. Kerr. Mom didn't struggle but Allaiyah was determined to outshine every other child today and she did! After her 2nd position, she introduced new challenges for the others! Let me just say; to my returning students; sharing the same space with you again was more joy than anything else. Of the 8 students we had today five (5) were returning students. Welcome back: Sayjah, Zora, Kalida, Camili and Kaycelee! As you share in the passion of Dance Theatre Arts Activity... I hope you will assist us in engaging others in our joy and blessing! 

Thank you all for your support!

The attached video is courtesy of “Camay Gordon” – Parent of the Month of February DITP 2021!

To register for DITP programs please go to this link.



Activities

  •         Dance
  •          Percussion
  •          Reading, Homework & PEP Assistance
  •          Storytelling

Fees:

  •          $1,500.00 (visitor inc. Patty or Ice-Cream)
  •          $4,000.00 (Monthly)

Dance In The Park T-shirts

  •          $2,000.00 Children
  •          $2,500.00 Adults

Dance Gear

  •          $5,000.00 Girls: Leotard, Tights & Skirt
  •          $4,000.00 Boys: T-shirt & Jazz Pants

Comments