Spreading Joy Through Dance: My Experience at "Jamaica Moves Day!"

My Visit to Randolph Lopez School of Hope

I had the pleasure of attending the Randolph Lopez School of Hope for their Jamaica Moves Day, thanks to an invitation from Mrs. Chantal Johnson-Nathan, my classmate from the ECD (Early Childhood) Level 4 program I'm currently enrolled in.

From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with warm smiles and enthusiasm from the students. It was heartwarming to see their eagerness to engage with me, with several students from grades 7 to 11 approaching me to ask about my name and who I was. Their curiosity and welcoming attitude set a positive tone for the day.

However, I couldn't ignore the laidback atmosphere that characterized the event, which presented its own set of challenges. Nonetheless, I approached these encounters with an open mind, making allowances while also gently reminding my hosts of the importance of sticking to the schedule. It was essential to establish my presence and principles without dampening the spirit of the occasion.

As the day progressed, I found myself leading an Aerobic Session, rather than the expected Dance Session, in keeping with the theme of Jamaica Moves Day. Despite the deviation from my initial expectations, I adapted the material to be simple, age-appropriate, and situationally relevant. What struck me most was the reception from both the children and staff.

In a short amount of time, I was able to convey my ethos: to serve as a conduit for people to experience happiness through the art of dance. The energy and enthusiasm that emanated from the participants were infectious, and it was incredibly rewarding to witness the positive impact our activities had on everyone involved.

I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to the staff and students at Randolph Lopez School of Hope for their warm embrace of the activity. Their spontaneity and positivity made the event truly memorable, and the feedback received from all participants was overwhelmingly positive. Mr. Hill and students in particular Keon were instrumental in my presentation, thanks for your technical support.

As I reflect on this experience, I am filled with gratitude for the opportunity to spread joy through dance. I look forward to the possibility of working with the school again in the near future, continuing to inspire and uplift through the power of movement and music.

Call: +1(876) 405-2800 * Email: airpaasa@gmail.com 
or click on this link to register.

Comments